WHAT IS ISO/TS 16949?
ISO/TS 16949 was developed by the International Automotive Task Force (IATF), in cooperation with the International Standards Organisation (ISO). The aim of this standard is to provide harmonised quality systems within the automotive supply chain, resulting in a focused and consistent approach. The standard is based on the structure of ISO 9001 and the specific requirements of the automotive quality standard. ISO/TS 16949 aligns with ISO 9001. Key points include:
- Improved product and process quality
- Additional confidence for global sourcing
- Reassignment of supplier resources to quality improvement
- Common quality system approach in the supply chain for supplier/sub-contractor development and consistency
- Reduction in multiple 3rd party registrations