SA 8000 Social Accountability Standard – Internal Auditor Training
The objective is to impart knowledge & skills to enable delegates to plan, conduct & manage internal audits of Social Accountability Management System based on SA 8000.
The essential objective of this course is to refresh and/or review the structure & basic requirements of SA 8000 & enable the company employees to plan & conduct the internal audit to improve the effectiveness of SAMS & add value to the organization. It also helps people to get an opportunity to enhance their auditing skills & demonstrate compliance to the standard’s requirement.
The course is highly interactive, not only with reference to answering queries, but also sharing the experience and includes series of lectures with individual/syndicate exercises for better learning.
Who should attend?
- Delegates who wish to become competent internal auditor for SAMS
- Delegates implementing SAMS in their organization
- Consultants of SAMS
- Introduction to SA 8000, its development
- Business benefits of SAMS implementation
- Overview of basic requirements of SA 8000:2014 & its interpretation (Purpose & scope of the standard, Important Terms & definitions, Social accountability requirements & its application referring to applicable local legal requirements)
- SAMS documentation & implementation
- Introduction to auditing : definition, types of audits
- Phases of audit : audit planning & preparation, audit performance & review, audit follow-up audit reporting
- Auditor attributes, competence & evaluation
- Individual / Syndicate exercises
- Course summary
- Written examination.