ISO 20000-1:2011 Internal Auditor competency based a course teaches a general understanding of the concepts of the ISO 20000-1:2011 standard and the principles and practices of effective internal audits in accordance with ISO 19011:2011, “Guidelines on Auditing Management Systems”. Experienced instructors explain the clauses of ISO 20000-1:2011 in detail and guide students through internal audits that are required for an information technology service management system based on ISO 20000-1:2011. Students gain necessary auditing skills through a balance of formal classroom tutorials, practical role-playing, group workshops, and open forum discussions.
- Understand IT service management definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the purpose of the ISO 20000 series
- Understand the requirements of the ISO 20000-1:2011 standard
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the auditor
- Recognize the principles, practices, and types of audits
- Conduct all phases of an internal audit
- Prepare and present effective reports
Who should attend:
- Individuals interested in conducting, managing, or participating in first-party (internal) audits
- Management system implementation team members
A prior review of the ISO 20000-1:2011 and knowledge of IT service practices are suggested for this course.